• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello everyone!

Matt

Registered
No such thing as cheap on flea bay....

Pop down the local joiners shop and cadge some of them, or send me a pm and and I will sort some out for you FOC, just pay postage.. :thumbs:

Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know how I get on. Apart from the mandrel, kits and blanks is there anything else that is essential to get me started? I've seen a few YouTube videos where they use a barrel trimmer, press etc. Is this more purchases I must make?? :wink:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know how I get on. Apart from the mandrel, kits and blanks is there anything else that is essential to get me started? I've seen a few YouTube videos where they use a barrel trimmer, press etc. Is this more purchases I must make?? :wink:

You could try woodturning chisels !!!!! LOL:funny::funny::funny:

Jim

Grand Master
Ok, thanks for that. I'll have another look at their website and get shopping..... I don't think I have ever had such an expensive hobby! :thumbs:

Remember the wife doesn't need to know everything Matt ... :whistling:

Jim

Grand Master
Yes Matt, you will need to square the ends, but if you have a sander this will do as a start, somewhere on here Terry put up a tutorial on how to make a jig, it will save you a few quid ... The spending will settle down don't worry about that ...

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Hi Matt and a very warm welcome, I see you have already met the mad men in the forums.
Come in and enjoy your stay, any friend of Jim's is as mad as us init blud?

Matt

Registered
Thanks Jim, I'll have a look for that and keep an eye on eBay as well. Already think I can spend plenty with timberbits, seems really good value.

And no..... I haven't exactly mentioned to the other half the true cost of my new hobby!! :wink::thumbs: I'm sure you know the score :face:

Shaver

First Name
Tam
Welcome aboard Matt from another newbie to the forum, just signed up a couple of days ago myself.
Good luck with the new lathe, best tool on the market, loadsa fun.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).