• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from a new member

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Hi & welcome Don :waver: :waver:

We're a little more relaxed and irreverent than IAP (because we are all certifiably bonkers - especially watch out for those who claim to be the only sane ones!)
I resemble that comment, I am sane & have a certificate to prove it, I keep it with my Leonard Cohen albums in my happy special place :mooney2:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wotchya Don.
I have known of you and your work for many years, I used to be involved in the Yahoo groups and ventured into the IAP but they can't handle me so I keep my big fat gob shut and just look now and then.
Hope you enjoy our forums and settle in soon, there are lots of newbies feeling comfortable with us and enjoying the encouragement we give, and learning from the critique.
Looking forward to seeing you post your marvellous stuff over here too, we all learn all the time init?
Don't be shy, we bring out the best in people here.

Nice to see that familiar sign off of yours.
Do a good turn daily!

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Welcome indeed, some nice instructions on your site, gives me food for thought to try.

Enjoy yourself, we don't take life as seriously on here as some other places, that doesn't mean to say we don't take our hobby seriously, it's just not life or death for us, it's more important than that.

Let's see who spots the quote first?

its_virgil

Apprentice Member
First Name
Don
Thanks for the warm welcome. Evidently some of us know each other from other forums but your names are not the same here as there. It may take awhile for me to figure out who is who. I look forward to learning more and sharing what I have to offer. I've spent the weekend making rattlesnake blanks and will post a picture of them later.

@Peter: It is good to see that little Havana or El Toro fountain pen again. I had one similar that was in an article in Stylus magazine. I left it in my truck one hot summer afternoon and the ink cartridge leaked and ruined the skin. I took the pen apart and need to recast blanks and make me another. It is one of my favorite pens to use.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
A up Don. Very nice to have a seasoned pro in the ranks. You are very welcome to our little slice of paradise mate!! :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).