• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from Atlanta, GA USA

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Tony,

Welcome, and please excuse Silver, the master of the understatement!

First time I have been called a "master" many other things in my life but I will have that one Neil..:face:

Nice to see your welcome Tony, enjoy it here but be aware some of them may GRUMPY if you start calling bushes " Bushings" and burr "Burl" init.. :tongue:

Jim

Grand Master
Good to have you in the forums Tony, your first post was good enough for me my friend, we don't need to know everything about you on the first date, this will come later .. :ciggrin:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
From one extreme to the other Tony, good to know ya init?
Join the banter and enjoy the friendship in here.
Looking forward to seeing some of pics as they come.
Happy Anniversary to you and your good lady.

TonyL

First Name
Tony
Pics

Tough crowd, but I love it! New York City folks and Brits always get along great. Hear are some pics. I only been turning since March and use a camera phone. Oh yeah, I am also an IAP member..great folks there too!

Attachments

• A_Densmore_HFG.jpg
    A_Densmore_HFG.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Concava Chrome Pink and White Pearl.jpg
    Concava Chrome Pink and White Pearl.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Concava Chrome Kryptonite.jpg
    Concava Chrome Kryptonite.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 20

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
3 nice pens, I like the shaping on the 2nd two I assume they are concavia kits. If you contact Vic he will help you with your photos he is running the next photographic course.

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very nice pens Tony... :thumbs:

Do they also have wood in America? :funny:

TonyL

First Name
Tony
Making an Atrax RB

That's funny that you say that about wood. I love wood (guitar player remember), and when I was introduced to this hobby in March, I couldn't grasp why any one would turn anything but wood (some what of a contradiction to me). I turned about 200 pens today, all but 5 have been wood. I made an Acacia one for my day yesterday. I just like the way the PRs and AAs turn and finish.
I hardly ever take pics. I don't enjoy photography. But thanks for the offer.

Yes, those are Concava pens above; ladies like them where I am and they sell for 40 to 45. So There's a nice profit in them.

I'm currently making an Atrax RB. I will take a pic when I am done. It's not wood though.

Paul

Fellow
Welcome Tony

You seem to have the measure of the chaps. I would like to say I don't watch downtown Abby on account of their house being too small compared to mine.

200 pens in a day is some work rate.

Exploration of the archives will show that we have a range of people here from the professional pen turners, authors, festive craft showers, Obsessives, hobbyists, beginners, nutters and even "some northerners". All are respected.

Luckily we didn't need to rename the forum and / or the scots here stayed instead of creating their own I dependent forum.

Some chaps are even older than the oak trees they turn :devil:

One or two are barely saplings.

So welcome, and if you are turning plastic, show "grump" a pink plastic one - he just loves them really. :face:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).