• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from Georgia USA

Jaxe Pen Kits

Apprentice Member
First Name
Joel
Hi
I sell a small line of Damascus Steel mostly accessories for pen turners like letter openers and key rings and the like but am working on Damascus pen kits as well. I didn’t join to sell so much as learn what people are making what they like or would like etc. I guess you could call it market research in a way but I am not that big of a company just a few little kits so far. I just like learning what people are making and how they do it
Joel

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Hi Joel. Welcome to the group and good luck with your research. You can make a small fortune from this hobby.
If you have a big one to start with.

Jaxe Pen Kits

Apprentice Member
First Name
Joel
Hi Joel. Welcome to the group and good luck with your research. You can make a small fortune from this hobby.
If you have a big one to start with.

LOL my profit margin is not what I would call spectatular. My goa for the first three years is to break even

Jaxe Pen Kits

Apprentice Member
First Name
Joel
I have a website but I didnt know the protocol for posting link. Here a few kit customers have completed

QwODkmS.jpg

9j54jSA.jpg

Jaxe Pen Kits

Apprentice Member
First Name
Joel
So we are working on two sizes of letter openers, knife/pen stands, keyrings, pizza cutters, stainless steel letter openers, and trying hard to develop some pen kits (I am trying to teach knifemakers to make pens)

What type of kit would you like to see? That is what I am really interested in what unique kit could we make from Damascus Steel for a turned handle or shaft?

This is the knife/pen stand (the post is for a turned shaft) and two sizes of letter openers

KE1vHOt.jpg

iebNuLO.jpg