• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from Italy

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Francesco, Welcome to our great forum, my friend! It will be great looking forward to seeing the skills you are bringing - it sound like an interesting trade you have. I think as a second language your English is excellent! And your pen looks great - keep posting!

Bob.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
There is nothing wrong with either your pen or your English Francesco. I love the pen finish. Keep posting, we love photographs on the forum.
Which part of Italy do you live? I love Italy and the people are nice and friendly (except the police but don't get me started on that:nonono:)

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Welcome to the forum Francesco, well it is an Asylum really Penturning is just a front for us nutters, very nice pen there!:thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hello and welcome to the forum Francesco it is a friendly one with plenty of banter ( Laughs ). Look forward to seeing some of your work as you make it. The first pen looks good

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Welcome Francesco, it will be interesting to see if you can finish a pen the same as a shotgun stock.

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Hello Francesco. Welcome aboard. Don't worry about your English. Vino rosso per favore is about the extent of my Italian.

Gunsmith Fiamma

First Name
Francesco
There is nothing wrong with either your pen or your English Francesco. I love the pen finish. Keep posting, we love photographs on the forum.
Which part of Italy do you live? I love Italy and the people are nice and friendly (except the police but don't get me started on that:nonono:)
Bob, I'm from Prato in Toscana region (Tuscany).
Do you know why Police is harsh on foreigners? Because they are so ignorant, that they dont bother to even try to comunicate with them. They are supposed to know english language, (its mandatory to learn it during the training) but for some reason almost no one know it.... Italians are lazy about foreign languages....

My best regards
Francesco

Gunsmith Fiamma

First Name
Francesco
yorkshireman,
maybe you will not believe it, but for finishing a gunstock I use the same stuff that I use on my turnings. But my employer is against hand finished gun stocks (they take an huge ammount of time) , so, if we are not in hurry, we send the woods to an expert in Brescia.

Francesco

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).