• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from Newcastle!

Eloquin

Apprentice Member
First Name
Duncan
Hi guys, just joined the forum. My main interests, associated with pen turning, are normal turning in wood, resin, 3d printed and resin filled and jesmonite. Always open to new tips and ideas!

Duncan

Eloquin

Apprentice Member
First Name
Duncan
Thank you all for the kind welcome! I will post a few pics of pens I have done recently. I am still learning what's good and what's not. The 3d printing of blanks is still fairly new to me so I have been playing around with different resins, cure times and filament to ensure they dont spontaneously explode on the lathe!

Eloquin

Apprentice Member
First Name
Duncan
Here is one I did this afternoon. I am not overly convinced by this mix of wood and resin. Usually this blank would have been bigger and used on a Sierra style pen. As I didn't want to waste a more expensive kit for a trial I just used a streamline.

The top half is a Hyper PLA 3d printed blank, filled with Poly craft clear top resin coloured with black opaque ink and some chocolate brown micah powder. I cant remember the name of the wood so if any one knows please me know!

Attachments

• PXL_20240512_153013229.jpg
    PXL_20240512_153013229.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11