• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from Sweden

Toti

Apprentice Member
First Name
Thordur
Hi everybody.
I just joined this forum today and since my parents raised me well (at least I think so) then I should introduce me!
I am an Icelandic (not my fault) guy living in Sweden with my wife and 2 kids.
I guess I could be called an international since I have lived in 8 countries and that shows in the languages spoken in our home.
Me and the wife talk together in English and I talk to the kids in Icelandic.
I talk to the kids in Icelandic and the younger one (9 years) answer in Icelandic and the older one (11 years) in swedish.
Their mom talks to them in Thai and is answered back in either Swedish or Thai.
The kids talk together in Swedish.
So it is fair to say that we are a international bunch.
I started turning about a year ago after being forced on a involuntary retirement due to some back problems.
So the wife and me switched roles, she takes care of the supplying part of workload and I take care of the kids and house.
I can not be idle so I had to come up with something to do, mostly to not go more insane and also to help with income.
The income part is not completely there yet but it is getting there slowly :)
You can see some of my humble work on my webpage The Pen Booth - the shop where you get handmade custom pens. - WHO & WHAT
I am glad that I found this forum because I know that i am just starting on my journey as a turner and need all the help I can get :)

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
You have been busy Thordur, I like the workshop in the basement.
A collection of beautiful pens, excellent work Sir. :drool:

Jim

Grand Master
A nice introduction Thordur, hope you don't have a dog with all those languages lol ... :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Velkommen til Forum:thumbs:

Peter

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hi Thordur and welcome. Some very nice pens you have on your website

I can not be idle so I had to come up with something to do, mostly to not go more insane and also to help with income.

Becoming a member of this forum after that statement, you must be insane as most on here are well mad but are OK once they take there medication.:funny::funny::funny:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hi again Thordur..I visited your homeland earlier this year,what a fantastic place it is. Good luck with your turning venture.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).