• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Help please with kit identification

ArtyCrafty

Apprentice Member
First Name
Nichola
A few years ago I bought several of these kits, the only problem is I can't remember where from!! However my question is are they still available ? and who now sells them ? I think they were marketed as 'Brass Topped Fountain Pen and Rollerball Kits'....( although the rollerball kit itself did not feature a ' brass top'). in the photo below I had substituted the fountain nib for the rollerball assembly..any assistance appreciated, thanks.
View attachment 30909

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
That looks like a "Traditional" kit. Davey Gee sells them I think. Look in the Sellers sub forums for his contact details.

ArtyCrafty

Apprentice Member
First Name
Nichola
Thanks Woody, now you mentioned the phrase "one diameter pen" that struck a chord, you're a star..... I've been approached to make two of these, and I see that Dave is back in a week or so.....I'll let him enjoy his break and contact him to see if he can help with a couple of kits
Best wishes

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I have to agree with the masters prior knowledge of Davy G kits.

Never used Davy kits but have made the one diameter before, used to be a very popular kit at one time.

'Brass Topped'

"Brass topped"... ! That means "Postable" the bit sticking out of the top is for fitting the cap to the top of the pen.

You may see the term "postable" and "none postable" come up on some pen advertising / seller web sites.

Obviously none postable means it doesn't have the bit on the end for fitting the cap on it.. :funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).