• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Help with pen kit problem

maggie

Apprentice Member
First Name
Margaret
Hi i have a bolt action pencil that i have assembled as per instructions and the knob will not engage it is almost there but it is being stopped by top of pencil. I have bought a new kit and the tube is exactly the same size as my finished tube. I have not damaged the tube by making it shorter. Other strange thing thought i'd mention, if i put a pen insert in in works fine. But i need the pencil to work for a set. Any ideas tearing my hair out

daveygee

First Name
Dave
Hi Maggie,
With the bolt action pencil you just press the button once or twice and the lead comes out a fraction and let the button go. This then holds the lead in place. If you force the button to lock in place the lead will just fall out. Hope this helps. Dave