• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Help!

Ian

Apprentice Member
They look like gum spots to me I would sand it back the sanding sealer if they are still there start again I use EEE then the ca applied on a damp piece of paper towel works for me.

Ian

Gav

Registered
First Name
Gavin
So, ended up with a new tube and a new blank for the body of the pen, the cap was OK.

Thankfully I had a cut the blank for this pen from a long board, so the grain pattern is similar.

2013-09-04 06.42.43 - Copy.jpg

Sanded to 600, then cleaned and sealed, then sanded some more, cleaned and then 8 coats of CA.

Looks a lot better, but I'm not sure I'm happy with the shape! :rolling:

Anyway, thank you all so much for your help in this drama, hopefully one day I'll be able to impart some advice your way too!

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
They look like gum spots to me I would sand it back the sanding sealer if they are still there start again I use EEE then the ca applied on a damp piece of paper towel works for me.

Ian

CA on a DAMP piece of paper? Well, colour me surprised - I would have sworn that would leave white marks in the finish ... Live and learn!

sbwertz

First Name
Sharon
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).