• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi from Cavan Ireland

madeincavan

Apprentice Member
First Name
Richard
Hi All, my name is Richard Daly and back in 2014 I was made redundant(don't cry I was very happy to get out)from a 28 year career with an International company. I took a year out, a gap year as my children called it to FIND MYSELF!! Well Cathy(wife of 30years)and I had a blast and when the 12 months was up we looked to start our own crafts business, I am a qualified welder and metal turner and Cathy is a hairdresser so we are used to working with our hands but now we needed to see if we could make a living from it. A long story short I ended up turning wood, bowls and other bits but when I was asked to turn a pen for a friend a whole new world opened up for me. I just love turning pens, what can I say!! So as a new wood turner and a new pen maker I hope over the coming years I can make a positive contribution to the forum and I look forward to learning lots from you all.

Thanks
Richard Daly

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hello, Richard,

Welcome to our forum, my friend. There's a great bunch of guys (and some gals) on here who are only too willing to share their skills. Looking forward to some piccies of your work - sharing is how we all learn. It's good that you have come through and are now doing stuff that you (probably) have always wanted to do!

All the best!

Bob.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum.

Peter

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
Hello and welcome to the fun house Richard, We all look forward to seeing some of your work. :thumbs:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Hi Richard and welcome to the forum :thumbs: we look forward to seeing the pens you turn and maybe some of your other crafted items :thinks:

madeincavan

Apprentice Member
First Name
Richard
Thanks Bob, yes I can say now that I am out of the Corp. world I have never been happier. I will post some pictures very soon.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).