• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi from Northumberland

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
I will be a while before you see any of my work on here though I might get a chance to try out the lathe over the hols. I work for myself got lots of hobbies / interests and time isn't always easy to find - roll on retirement!

MikeD. They won't understand a "scouser" in Hexham, (assuming you are one). :winking: I'm a bit further north near Morpeth

Bob

Tell us about your other interests/hobbies Bob:bwink:

fionaspens

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum - I/We only joined a couple of months back. Everyone has been very supportive and friendly. We are down the road in Ponteland - so pop in if your passing. If your just starting up and need some acrylic blanks look no further. We have a tendency to work in wood and haven't quite mastered other materials. Over the last few months one supplier has been sending us acrylic blanks as freebies with our standard orders. You can have these if you wish. We didn't pay for them so wouldn't expect you to do so either. Drop us a line and you can pick them up or if we are down your way we could drop them off (five or six in total).

Kind regards. Fiona / Andrew

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum - I/We only joined a couple of months back. Everyone has been very supportive and friendly. We are down the road in Ponteland - so pop in if your passing. If your just starting up and need some acrylic blanks look no further. We have a tendency to work in wood and haven't quite mastered other materials. Over the last few months one supplier has been sending us acrylic blanks as freebies with our standard orders. You can have these if you wish. We didn't pay for them so wouldn't expect you to do so either. Drop us a line and you can pick them up or if we are down your way we could drop them off (five or six in total).
Kind regards. Fiona / Andrew

That's an incredibly generous offer guys. I might take you up on it but I haven't even started yet and need to buy other stuff such as a mandrel,pen kits etc before I can turn any. Haven't had time to look properly. I "played" with the little Jet for half an hour last night and am very pleased with it.

I live in Longhorsley, north of Morpeth and am in Ponteland regularly as ma in law lives in Darras.
I might be able to offer a swap for some wood if I do take them though and as an aside, I have some offcuts of 25mm thick Mistral which is a direct equivilant of Corian. No exciting colours and not cut into blanks just offcuts from some kitchen installations.
Bob

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Welcome to the forum Bob.

If you need anything I am just down the road in Amble. (Watch for the speed camera vans as you come into the town.) :wink:

Walter

You've been reading threads elsewhere Walter:wink: We were in Amble a couple of sundays ago with the family for lunch at the Old Boathouse.
Was very nice but I think we're probably barred as my 10 month old grandaughter was throwing her food around a bit.

I saw some very nice pens on display in the Chantry in Morpeth a while ago. Were they yours Walter?

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
Hi Bob

Yes, the pens in the Chantry are mine. The Old Boathouse is probably my favourite place for eating out locally, although I do also frequent Zecca's and the new Indian restaurant. There has been a big improvement on the restaurant front in Amble since we moved hereabout 15 years ago.

Walter

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Tell us about your other interests/hobbies Bob:bwink:

Not on a "first" post Paul - I'm not that sort of bloke:wink:

Oh go on then.

My business takes up most of my time. A builder though I won't do any large works these days so mostly small extensions, conservatories, and loads of kitchens and bathrooms. I was trying to ease down but have a lot of regular customers and find it hard to say no. Add to that a son and daughter with lists of jobs on their own houses and a first grandchild to fuss over...............

I play golf, badly once a week when I can but would like to play more, my woodwork, carving and marquetry which isn't often enough these days and of course now a new lathe to master. Got a little metal lathe as well I dust off occasionally

I like my car though the family would say all I do is wash and polish the thing, do a bit of photography, a lifetime Newcastle United supporter for my sins though mostly on the TV now, and we like to travel as much as we can.
There's loads more so I guess I'm just interested in most things. Roll on retirement:up:

Bob

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).