• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

hi from pen turning beginner in north derbyshire.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Welcome Sharpy from over here no idea where Derbyshire is but will look it up I would take advantage of those members in your area to guide you where to buy etc and as others have said enjoy the journey.

Kind regards Peter Its our third day of over 40 degrees C here so looking for a shady spot right now.

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Grump, thanks for your reply. I was thinking of abenchtop lathe with a budget of around £300. Was thinking of either Record or Jet but I'm open to advice.

If those are your fancies, then I'd say Jet hands down ! The build quality is excellent.

I would have gone for one earlier this year but the CFO wouldn't stretch the PO that far, so I got an Axminster which is OK for what I'm doing now.

I just want to do bigger stuff, so may have to look at something bigger later in the year.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).