• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi, just joined

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome on board Carol.

As you will see from the many posts on here that it is a unique forum and there is a lot of experience and knowledgable members, all the better for seeing your good self in here as it sounds like you will bring more to the forum than we can offer in return.

I'm also interested in your bottle stoppers as I have done a few over the years and always interested in other turners work.

Welcome aboard.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Hi Carol ..Welcome to the forums.. I am relativity new here and without doubt the least knowledgeable around. I am however a very nice person.Like your idea of using vine wood for stoppers.. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.:thumbs::thumbs:

Least knowledgeable maybe!!!! Very nice person Hmmmm?????? LOL:blowx:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hello, New Jersey Carol!
Firstly, you need to supply a Certificate of Mental Health - if you are too brainy you won't be allowed to join! I can supply one of these for you (provided by The National Lunatic Asylum, staffed mainly by senior members of our government) for fifty bucks. Once you have this then the world is your lobster, and you'll be free to post all the goodies you've made for our crazed eyes to peruse. And after a week conversing with this mob you too will be convinced that the loonies run the nuthouse!!!
Welcome to you and your hubby!
Regards,
Bob.

Carol1411

Apprentice Member
While I can't find a photo of the vine bottle stoppers, here is a url of our page that is found in our local wood club's site. TurnedTreasures - DelVal Turners My husband's and my work is interspersed. My drumstick pen is pictured there. The blood wood pen and pencil set in the wooden box was my offer for our Pollyanna at our wood club. I did the small Christmas ornaments and the last photo...the vase. My husband made the banksia nut into a night light. The pens, fan pulls and other assorted pens were done by both of us. The 3 descending discs were done by my husband for our club's 2 x 4 challenge. You had to take a plain 2 x 4 and make it into anything you wanted. My ugly clock has been relegated to the basement wood shop. I won't allow any photos to be taken. :tongue: You can click on any photo to enlarge it. -- Carol

Jim

Grand Master
Hi Carol, some nice little turnings in your link, i love the stoppers with the gear change badges, what a great novelty ... :bwink: You and your husband have a good eye for originality … :wink:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I like that drum pen Carol i also like to use the wire burning effect on my plain wooden pens. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).