• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hiya everyone

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Thanks to everyone for all the welcomes and good advice.

I, thinking pens, had not reckoned on such large machines to start off the hobby!

Anyway, I will revise my thoughts, Thanks again
Peter (I)

Peter,

You're more than welcome to pop in and you can have a play with both the 1416 and the AWVSL. I agree with most of what Walter has written, the AWVSL is about as much good as a chocolate teapot for anything slighlt bigger than a pen, and is the reason that within a very short space of time having started turning I had bought a second lathe, a record, which I still have but havent used recently. The AVWSL is a good workhorse for turning pens, its done me well and has been in and out of my van about 50 times last year alone and has stood the test of time although the rheostat is on its way out as it now sounds like a stuck pig, it whines and changes speed purely of its own volition on a bad day. It does respond to discipline though and a whack with the back of a gouge soon brings it back into line.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).