• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Holly tree

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
If you need a hand Woody give me a shout, I don't mind popping over, Vi might even put the kettle on if she knows I'm coming :funny:

Yes please Doug thats if your free you can load some in your van as well if you want

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well for such a large tree and so little wood I'm afraid you will have to fight for it gents 4 bits about 4ft long and one crutch and that is all the whole tree the rest was just twigs so if one of you can bring a chain saw to cut them in half then more of you can have some also there are 4 bits conifer which a lot of turners wont touch but it can turn some nice pieces I wont be getting any more moving just them few bits done me in got to get my breath back now and have a cuppa or something a bit stronger
DSCF2021.JPGDSCF2022.JPG

Jim

Grand Master
Well, it is my own fault for being late to the thread, but if there is a tad left Woody could you please put my name on it my friend ... :bwink:

Long hours is doing my head in to be honest, i can't see it changing for a few weeks yet .. :sob:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Well, it is my own fault for being late to the thread, but if there is a tad left Woody could you please put my name on it my friend ... :bwink:

Long hours is doing my head in to be honest, i can't see it changing for a few weeks yet .. :sob:
You have my deepest sympathies Jim, I have just got away from those extremely long hours at work.
Starting to rebuild my life again and enjoying the ride.
Look on the bright side, it's only weeks not months or even years.

Dad I'll be happy to get 6 inches or so off one of those bits if its' available, I would be happy to share the rest.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).