• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Home Alone

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Sorry to hear about your sad loss Ian.

one thing for certain I'm sure you will know that Dot is at peace and not in any pain now.

I know its one of the most difficult times of the year to loose someone so special to you, I lost May father 3 years ago just before Christmas. So can share what your family is going through and what they are going to go through over the next few weeks.

One thing that will help is keep talking to us on here and Remember, we are all friends and are here for support.

Our thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
My heart goes out to you in this time of loss, Ian. I'm glad Dot didn't suffer, and my faith is that she is the memory of our creator now, awaiting a time when all things are made new. (John 11:25)

If you need to talk just shout, Brian and/or I will happily make the trip to have a cuppa and a chinwag.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Ian, I don't have the words to say how sorry I am to hear of your loss. Whilst your heart is heavy at the moment I hope that with the passing of time your thoughts will turn to the happy memories you had together and your life become easier to bear. It is good to hear that Dot had all the support you needed in her final days and I hope that you to have the support you need right now.

My thoughts are with you at this very sad time.

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Ian, you have our thoughts and prayers at what is a terrible time.

Try and take comfort that Dot's suffering is over and that the end was as peaceful as it sounds.

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Ian,

So sad to hear your news, especially so close to Christmas.
All our thoughts & prayers are with you & your family at this sad time.
Again, if you need to talk to someone there are many volunteers on here who will always be there for you.
I sent you my number, please feel free to use it.

Steven & Paula

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Oh Ian I feel for you my friend I know how much you love your Dot nothing I say will make it any better for you my friend but I will remember you and your family in my prayers and you will be in my thoughts let your tears be as pearls in the ocean of your memories

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Sharing your grief dear friend, both Jane and I have heavy hearts at this very sad time for you.
She looked so well when we saw her on Skype a few weeks ago.
And you were being so brave and understanding, what you must do now my friend is look after yourself.
God has another angel at his side.

jttheclockman

Ian I am so new to this forum but the very short time I have been here I have been welcomed with open arms and it makes a person feel great. I am so not familar with the goings on over on that side of the world but the communication gap is small. There are so many caring people here for sure. I am sure if you need to talk or to open up there will be friends from this forum ready to do just that.

My condolences go out to you and your family. Losing someone as close as that is always hard to deal with. I am hoping you have some loving people around you in this time of need. Take care my friend and prayers going out your way.

dotslad

Graduate Member
Thank you all for your thoughts and condolences I really do appreciate them at this difficult time.
Wishing you all a happy Christmas and prosperous new year.
best regards to all from Ian and family.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thank you Ian keep in touch mate you know we love you my friend we do understand to say just a few words is so hard at a time like this when half of you is missing

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).