• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

How i Make my Centre Bands

Jim

Grand Master
Just to add to this that before i start on the finish of the pen i sand off the edges to be certain that they are as square as possible so that they come together correctly when assembling the pen .. Here is how i do it ..

I use two old mandrels, one that i have had squared off and stuck velcro to it to hold the sandpaper, the one in the tailstock holds a rod that fits tightly in the 7mm tubes

sander.jpg

sander1.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
As I don't have a spare mandrel how about if I put the mandrel in either stock of the lathe and a Jacobs Chuck in the other with a sanding arbor?

Use anything that you have at hand Ray .. It will work exactly the same .. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).