• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

How many pen will this make

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
well i have now found my final quote which is £0.00 but he want half the timber so might only get a sierra out of it :funny:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Well an update on this the guy that was going to do it is know no interested at all :down: so i have just got a quote to do the big ash log plus some other bit i have around including a 14 inch by 4 feet cherry log, 2 beech crotches and 1 ash crotch 3 feet long and a 15 inch 3 feet long ash log for £170 i think that not to bad just need to sell some pen as i a deal that if i sell at least £160 worth of stuff dad will pay :banana:

oldtimer

Apprentice Member
I like the crouch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, not for what you are thinking. As I turn other stuff as well, I can see a nice interesting bowl or two in that crouch or even a nice goblet or two.

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
I like the crouch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, not for what you are thinking. As I turn other stuff as well, I can see a nice interesting bowl or two in that crouch or even a nice goblet or two.

Bowls is what I have seen but the beech which is from same tree is the most beautiful I have seen so there is a lot of hope for these bits

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Well had this lot derived today the main 10 feet pallet on the bottom is for storing the broads on and the rest are for cutting for separating the boards

2013+-+1

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Have fun Alex by now the ends should all have been coated and the timber stored off the ground. Looking forward to some interesting stuff from all of that raw material.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Have fun Alex by now the ends should all have been coated and the timber stored off the ground. Looking forward to some interesting stuff from all of that raw material.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

it not been cut yet it due to be done by the end of jan the broken pallets are now in lengths to be made in to separates and the other are going to be a log store

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Alex, are you sure the 10 foot pallet is for storing broads? :devil:
Do your parents know about this :nonono:

ye they do dad came to organize them been delivered the 10 Foot one is not 10 foot now it 7 1/2 feet :devil:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
We have lift off the guy is coming on the 28th to do the job so will have to take some pics

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).