• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

I had a visitor

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
I had a visitor called to see me la few days ago, it was Peter, Woodhacker.
We spent a nice couple of hours nattering & swapping ideas & skills with another Woodturning friend of mine, Basil.
I showed him around the cave which didn't take long as it's cosy.
Then duty called. A call from his good lady asking him to pick her up.
Peter only lives a few miles away so next time he comes over he can make a pen & take it home.
A very nice interlude & very nice to meet Peter.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Extremely jealous!
Basil's work is incredible. 'bout time he showed some even if it is not too recent!:thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Two beaut visits today on the forum it must be catching. Wonderful opportunities I miss the early days of our Wood Guild when we visited each others homes each month, our wives would prepare refreshments, that way the wives shared as well in a different way. Committee meetings the same. Now we have this enormous shed the costs, maintaining the equipment. Unlimited demands removed that closeness we once experienced. several of us have wives that belonged to craft groups doing the rounds the same way.

At exhibitions etc the blokes would melt into a group allowing our wives full reign. Hiring buses to go to Sydney 200 miles one of us would drive or share the driving and visit Woody places on the way by arrangement. All good stuff.

Peter.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
It is great to meet other members and chat. Glad you had a great day

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).