• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

I hate acrylic!

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
If you have a shop vac (I use a Henry) then it’s easy to make a stand from a couple of bits of ply with a semi circle cut out of one edge. A strong elastic band and a couple of nails will hold it in place. Put it on your workbench with the hose within 4 inches of the workpiece and it’ll take away 90% or more of the shavings.
I’d recommend trying this before shelling out for extraction unless you’re planning on doing bigger work items, or you are turning pens all day. For a 3 inch pen blank, wood or acrylic, it’s more than enough to make life a lot easier.

Cheers
Ash

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Suggest a sheet of clear perspex between lathe and CD’s will help drop stuff in a line for easier hoovering up. Likewise. a shower curtain behind you drops chips on the floor in a line and limits debris spread when bowl or spindle turning

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
Suggest a sheet of clear perspex between lathe and CD’s will help drop stuff in a line for easier hoovering up. Likewise. a shower curtain behind you drops chips on the floor in a line and limits debris spread when bowl or spindle turning
Yes cds are being packed away shortly giving me more shelf space 👍