• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

I Tried To Get Motivated!

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
I tried to get motivated this week end, I started to turn a few pen blanks that were sitting on my bench.

Had a blow out on the end of this one, not sure how to fix this. :sob:

Use that colour coded sand paper by mistake, quality control not very good at the manufacturer. :rant::rant:

Dont know what happened here but it has this line on both side.:rant::rant:

May be I should take up knitting.:ciggrin:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Don't let them pull the wool over your eyes stick with the turning. Just need another session out in the shed you will soon get back into it

Terry Q

Fellow
First Name
Terry
If you are not able to stabilize cobs you can soak them with thin CA as you turn. You should cut in from the bushes so the ends don't chip. Cobs are fragile so sharp tools and slow, steady cutting is the key.

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
The first one I would turn 3-4mm off each end & glue contrasting timber bands in place then re-turn & finish. It might be a good save.
Not quite your day Mark.:sob:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Don't you know anything Ted most Australians originated from the UK They were taken out on prison ships:funny::funny::funny:

All of my rellies chose to leave in the 1840,s, paid their own way none ever went back to live but always loved their heritage.

Peter.

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Some days just go that way Mark, there'll be a totally different one about tomorrow, and who knows how that may turn out :whistling::whistling:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I feel like I have had one of your days today Mark lots of time in the shed but no headway being made

Skil Phil

Great to see you on the forum Phil, however how did your home made lathe finish up mate?
Peter.

Hi Pete,
All parts are there but have I not had the time to do any more with the work load.
Fortunately I am busy.

I think it was a Peter Sellers sketch - 'So much to do but so little time' said in a cockney accent.

It is still on the the 'To Do' list. This takes a backseat to the 'Make Money' and keep alive list.
Such is life.

Cheers
Phil

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I understand this so well Phil for years I held down three jobs with our six kids it helped a lot, in retrospect I would do it again to lift above the expenses. Happy everything for this year Phil.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).