• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

identification required please

jaylah

First Name
John
Hi everyone, I bought these kits some time ago,and I've lost the instructions for them,i've been on line and can't find this kit anywhere,but I'm sure somebody here will recognise this kit and be able to help explain how to put this together, for example one of the barrels has different diameters and the center part is different again. So fingers crossed and over to you. ... ,:praying:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That is an old craft supplies kit as for instructions they were virtually non existent in those days you need to use three different sized drills to drill out the main body part starting with the biggest drill first it is from the days when a lot of kits had to be turned between centres so no bushes also you need to turn a button to go on the end I haven seen or turned one of them kits for years did you get it from turners retreat as they were selling of craft supplies old stock
I have just noticed there is a bit missing that goes on the inside of the cap end that holds the pen inside the cap end by gripping the nib housing

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I have never seen this kit however I still make mostly Slimlines. Glad you remembered Woody and a new world with a pic in front John.

Peter.

Ratty

First Name
David
As was said before it is an old Craft supplies kit. You are in luck well sort of as I bought one many years ago and never made it.
Thees are "instructions" well the closest you will get this was what was in the packs even then it was a torn piece of paper the scissors must have vanished.

Dave

Attachments

• DSCN3259 (1).jpg
    DSCN3259 (1).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 35

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
As was said before it is an old Craft supplies kit. You are in luck well sort of as I bought one many years ago and never made it.
Thees are "instructions" well the closest you will get this was what was in the packs even then it was a torn piece of paper the scissors must have vanished.

Dave

Thats the one they are a nice looking pen when made up if you look at the cap end on Dave's instructions you will see the bit inside the cap that I said is missing from your kit

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
With those instructions are you sure it's not from Ikea :wink:
Woody has the memory of an elephant btw, wish mine was. :ciggrin:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Should make a hefty pen, drilling needs to be accurate over the four plus inches in the body, should be interesting now.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).