• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

If this carries on I'm Not........

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
........Going out to the shed it is bloody snowing here and quite a bit as well. But then I could always get my wife to clear a path to the trusty shed then I may brave it.

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
My shed, fortunately, is a garage attached to the house so no need for arctic gear to get there, but it is still freezing cold in there and having spent most of the day trying to restore some semblance of order to it I am now thawing out indoors.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Since I have refurbished my shed it's nice an toastie in there. Had it up to nearly 20degrees in there today..:love_it:

Had to turn the heating off at one point.:rolling:

Never turned anything tho, spent hours trying to replace the screen on my I pad:rolling:.

All done now and waiting for adhesive to set.:thumbs:

Oh, by the way no snow here just a bit of sleet and rain.:fart:

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
I can work in the shed this time of year but I do need to put the heating on well in advance. By the time it's warm enough though I've lost interest in what I was going to do. :sob:

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
Well it was a temperate 7.3 degs when I went in there thanks to my wife turning my oil rad on at around 4pm. The fan heater got it up to 13 before I'd finished. Not toasty but usable in fleece/hat.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Where my daughter lives in Utah USA they bought another house across the road from the school she teaches at. The other day a snow plough left heavy drifts amongst the heavy snow falling. As she crossed the road in snow up to her armpits she lost a shoe, staggered on to school, turned out no one else came, school was cancelled and she had a lovely pupil free morning. Unless you enjoy Snow pursuits it must be very trying living in these conditions. THey bought a unit from a friend just outside Las Vegus they are looking forward to retirement in four years time there. Winter in their rift valley lasts for 6 months. 37 C today here.

Peter.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
What do you mean soft we have a whole 1" of snow, now Kent has come to a standstill.:funny::funny::funny:

Kind of you to send it North Derek, got a couple of inches here overnight though it's melting now the temp has gone up to 3 deg. Have to get changed into the T shirt and shorts soon. :whistling:

Soft Southerners. :wink:

Winemaker

Registered
First Name
Tom
I work in the Garage attached to the house and I can get in to it without going out side, still its very cold in there the term brass monkey come to mind :blue:

webby962

First Name
Adie
As I was shivering in my garage setting up my new drill, and turning a pen I was reminded of an old saying that used to get thrown around when I used to go mountaineering: "There is no such thing as bad weather, just a wrong choice of clothes!". One wooly hat and extra fleece later, I was slightly warmer.

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
A couple of years ago we moved from our old abode which was 1000 feet ASL to the house we now have which is about 500 feet ASL and it has made a lot of difference snow wise we only have about 4 inches today. I have seen the snow up to the roof at times in the old house with the drift and quite a few times unable to get out of the glen and seen temptetures as low as -28C but it did not bother us as Adie says we just put on more clothes and I prefer the cold to the heat for this reason. When we visit relatives in London in the summer what goes for us is the heat and the humidity and in the interest of public morality you can only strip down so far.

Wife clearing car while lazy husband looks on and takes pictures (old house)

View attachment 32659

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).