• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Imperial drill bits

webby962

First Name
Adie
Quick question peeps :-)
I'm think of having a bash at the TM Omegas, but wondered where to get the 15/32" and 25/64" drill bits from (of a decent quality too). They seem to be like hens teeth!
Any ideas to save me from hours of googling?

Adie

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Doesn't Dan do them?

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
This week on sale here I bought a set of DeWalt Extreme (drill point then flats) my idea of perfection.As a special they were 99 of our AU dollars the drills are metric 1 mm to 13 mm with .5 increments . Do the sums cheap as. Then using a metal drill guage I fit the nearest drill to the brass sleeves, works for me. Made in America drills.

This applies to Imperial drills. Or buy the individual drills from where Mark said. Using their 7mm drills I get in the hundreds of drillings from each drill have done for so long now.

Peter.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
This week on sale here I bought a set of DeWalt Extreme (drill point then flats) my idea of perfection.As a special they were 99 of our AU dollars the drills are metric 1 mm to 13 mm with .5 increments . Do the sums cheap as. Then using a metal drill guage I fit the nearest drill to the brass sleeves, works for me. Made in America drills.

This applies to Imperial drills. Or buy the individual drills from where Mark said. Using their 7mm drills I get in the hundreds of drillings from each drill have done for so long now.

Peter.

I thought DeWalt Extreme were German, my metric set is?.

Ratty

First Name
David
I use Colt from turners retreat - cost a packet but cut like a hot knife in butter.
Had issues with judder using normal HSS but then I have a crap drill press. Need to get a chuck for my lathe.

Dave

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).