• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Inroducing Trevor McCarthy-White from Wood-Wrx

TrevorMcW

Apprentice Member
First Name
Trevor
Hi Folks,
I have obviously registered on this forum a while ago and have had a few 'See what you have missed' emails come through. Sounds like a great place to hang out so I'll introduce myself here.

I retired from a professional IT career in 2018 and started to further my existing interest in Wood Working - among the many things I have created, pens are a satisfying article to make and design. I also turn bowls, grinders and some furniture legs - I have turned both small and large, green and seasoned, inboard and outboard items with some success - still learning as we all are.

I design and make furniture and other bespoke items to order. The only thing stopping me creating more furniture is the price of timber these days - I had a quote to supply some UK Oak for a simple 1800 x 850mm dinning table recently this was Ā£550 plus delivery. Just as well that pens can be made from very small off cuts!!!

I have a converted double garage as a dedicated woodwork shop with a Lathe, small and medium band-saw, table router, table saw, mitre saw, 12" disk sander, bobin sander, pillar drill, a couple of benches and dust extractor.

My other passion is music and hifi gear . . buts thats another story.

I have a Facebook page with a lot of my stuff on it, which I must bring upto date - checkout https://www.facebook.com/TMcWoodWrx/ There is also an Etsy Shop at https://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftyWoodWrx Please forgive me if I'm breaking rules here I couldn't find where to look and check this.

Well that's me in a nut shell, I look forward to some interesting chat over the coming weeks, months and who knows years!!

Regards

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hello and a warm welcome to the forum, looking forward to see what you makešŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).