• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Introduction & Help

Ashwin

Apprentice Member
First Name
Ashwin
Hi,

This is Ashwin from India. My brother is currently working in Scotland and has Invited me for a 2 weeks stay, most probably in August.

Is there any place or person who could give me a hands on training in pen Turning when I come there. Any leads will be very helpful. The only reason i am coming there is to learn this. So any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashwin

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hello and welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay. Scotland is a big place but I'm sure there will be someone... 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

jimmccoll

Apprentice Member
First Name
Jim
Hi,

This is Ashwin from India. My brother is currently working in Scotland and has Invited me for a 2 weeks stay, most probably in August.

Is there any place or person who could give me a hands on training in pen Turning when I come there. Any leads will be very helpful. The only reason i am coming there is to learn this. So any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashwin
Where in Scotland?

Curly

Graduate Member
First Name
Peter
Ashwin are you wanting to learn to make pens using kits (brass tubes, clips, threaded parts etc) or the made from a fountain pen nib and feed and you do the rest? I'm in the wrong place to help but those that could would need to know. As much as I dislike youtube it has videos of both types ofd penmaking. More of the kits and less of the kitless/custom.

Pete

Ashwin

Apprentice Member
First Name
Ashwin
Ashwin are you wanting to learn to make pens using kits (brass tubes, clips, threaded parts etc) or the made from a fountain pen nib and feed and you do the rest? I'm in the wrong place to help but those that could would need to know. As much as I dislike youtube it has videos of both types ofd penmaking. More of the kits and less of the kitless/custom.

Pete
Hi Pete,

I am more interested in Kitless pen making.

Ashwin

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).