• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

It's a new beginning.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I have decided to step down from running the competitions and being a moderator. I have had great fun running the competitions, but it is time for new blood, Phil will step up for the December Competition and if I feel well enough I may even enter it.

Thanks to Jim for giving me the chance to run the competitions and thanks to everyone who entered or voted.

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
It won't be easy filling your boots Peter, you have done a sterling job both moderating and running the competitions my friend but most of all a 1st class member .. I liked your style of moderating and also the way you handled yourself, showing that you wasn't afraid to say it as it was .. Good luck my friend, stick around we are still on an unfinished journey .. :thumbs:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Sad to see you go Peter you have done a Grand job in running these competitions for us and a big thank you from me.

It will be nice to see you enter a few Comps next year :thumbs:

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
And a huge thank you from me Peter.

You kindly agreed to remain at your post when Jim handed over the reigns, even though I your reason for stepping up to the plate in the first instance was as a favour to Jim. I'm extremely grateful for your input as a moderator and for your hard work as the competition organiser, and most of all for your assistance at a time when I hadn't a clue what most of the buttons did.

So ... freedom at last for you. I look forward to your continuing posts on the forum, and my best wishes go with you.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Well done on all the work you have done Peter especially with the competition. I know I did not enter the last two one I ran out of time which was not really an excuse and the last for medical reasons which was the one I had an Idea for, you never know I may even still make it and show it here.

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Well done Peter for all of what you have done to make it the place that it is mate.. now take it easy a bit..:claps::claps::claps:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It won't be easy filling your boots Peter, you have done a sterling job both moderating and running the competitions my friend but most of all a 1st class member .. I liked your style of moderating and also the way you handled yourself, showing that you wasn't afraid to say it as it was .. Good luck my friend, stick around we are still on an unfinished journey .. :thumbs:

Thanks Jim, I just hope I didn't cause you too many headaches:ciggrin: Hopefully I will be around for a while:thumbs:

Peter

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
Thank you Peter. I have never found the time to enter the competitions but they have certainly acted as a source of inspiration. You have earned a bit of time free from the turmoil.

woodhacker

Fellow
First Name
Peter also been called many others
Don't believe what they say about having loads of spare time after retirement. You'll NEVER have any spare time. :face:
Thanks for the time and effort you have put into forum it is appreciated. :whistler::whistler::whistler:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Sorry to see you step down, Peter. I share the beliefs the other have - you did the job superbly! Now sit back, chill out, and enjoy the hobby!

Bob.

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
What all the others said. THANK YOU PETER & thanks for the help you've given me. Keep on enjoying the club.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).