• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Its all your fault ?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I used my compressor sold to me to operate nail guns etc. It is noisy and pumping up my car tyres takes time,not a high pressure unit. 32 psi on my tyres.I do have a larger non portable compressor that is also oil free.

Peter.

ChrisH

First Name
Chris
Ordered 1 of these same pots now

From what I can see you need 2 blanking off caps - 1 for the right angled paint outlet (having removed the inner pipe) and 1 for the air feed to the spray gun

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Yes Chris, sorry my photos are pants :goesred:
The tube inside I just could NOT remove, it is screwed in but in the end a Dremmel and cutting disc sorted that out.
The elbow on top was capped along with the outlet port on the regulator.
I also purchased a section of hose and quick release couplings (the inlet port needs an adaptor) I just took the lid to our local HypeHose Shop and explained to them what I wanted and it was all sorted in 10 min.
Back home fitted everything with white (PTFE) tape and it was on test for 48 hours.
Ran it all up to 40-psi and left for 24 hours, no loss of air at all left it for another 24 hours and still no drop & the compressor wasn't attached....

Since then I have been so busy getting my daughters new flat decorated not had the opportunity to have a play :sob::sob::sob:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).