• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

It'sa Facebook thing!

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi all,
I have been a member of the institute of Carpenters for about 30+ years and its been a stalwart of 'Good Practice' mentality... Until I spotted this on FBScreenshot_20220209_153959_com.facebook.katana.jpg
Well I posted a comment 'not best practice on timber cutting'.... 10 mins later a messenger message to say sorry and the post will be removed, great, thank you.
Until it re appeared again today, I thought I would try a different approach, IMG_20220209_154522.jpg
"maybe you might want to use this picture!"
Well they only have :banana::banana:....
I know it's only FB but it's promoting the correct image, OK it might only be a handsaw, but I have also seen people crossing hands on a chopsaw and that's never going to end well

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
Personally I think you did the right thing Mark by pointing it out to them, whilst they are trying to put their message out there, I (as do you), feel that it showing bad examples is not the way to do things then repeating the bad example speak volumes.

On a positive note though, the wood is clamped down :funny:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Well done Mark, you did the right thing.
As experienced workers we have a responsibility to point out bad practice.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).