• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Jacaranda platter

ilya

WOW, I just logged back in and found all your great comments, thank you all, good to see that you like it!
To answer the questions that were asked:
The timber seems quite common here, at least I can see quite a bit of it for sale at working with wood shows and other places. I didnt'see the trees, since it doesn't grow down south, must be cold for it here, but it must be growing towards warm northern parts of Australia:)
I applied oil pretty much as per instructions: apply very thin layer with a rug, wait ten minutes, wipe off any residue with a new bit of dry rug, then leave for at least 24 hours to dry. Then briefly go with extra fine steel wool, and repeat the process. Not very quick finish, but I like how durable it is - the main use of this oil is for timber floors!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).