• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Kids go kart

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Has anyone noticed the auto tags for this thread by the way? (at the bottom of the page). Not a lot to do with go-karts, but I'm pretty sure they sum up the feelings of quite a few parents!

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
"bloody, kids, prams, prices, set" does this mean that the price of prams is set too high no wonder you can't get any wheels cheap:banana::banana::banana:

Skil Phil

Loved mine.
Lived at the top of a hill. Did not always go smoothly. Got scars to prove it.
Half way down the hill was a left side road.
That was a real test. Full tilt and sharp left.
Much better fun than a couch and some electronic device.

Phil

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hi Phil been worried about what I read about the drought and the possibility of running out of water in some large areas. Are you suffering from these.

Kind regards

Peter.

hawkeyefxr

First Name
ken
[MENTION=801]hawkeyefxr[/MENTION] here you go.

Got 4 bike wheels for £10. I think they are 12" for the front and 14" for the back Off different bikes. All you need to do is remove the gear set off the rear wheel to make it safe (eeerr):whistling:

Used some hardwood blocks to make saddle bearing holders then bolted the wheels through them using the original wheel nuts so protecting the bearings.

Pic one has back wheels fitted

View attachment 35228

Pic 2 showing the blocks.. (And the compulsory "pencil behind ear" look, bless him)

View attachment 35229

Fitted an old plastic seat on it that I picked up from a car boot sale for £2. Had the usual string steering as well. Would get a finished pic but its in his garage waiting for this years local soap box run..:winking:

That is a beauty for sure, bet your son? was proud of that.
I have gone the more traditional way but have had to put sides and a back on it with locking mitre joint as my grandson is not two yet so have to think of his safety. I will put a harness connection in so his parents can pull him about. He may only be 20 months old but he is mad about tools, his favourite toy is a toy chainsaw. I took him to the FFX show in Kent, he was in his element picking up the drills and squeezing the
The attraction for the chainsaw is that his dad is a countryside warden and uses chainsaws.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).