• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Kit identification?

Simone

Apprentice Member
First Name
Simone
That looks like a Lotus Pen kit, if i am correct that is a Dayacom product

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
The detailing looks like the Lotus kit on Dayacoms site but the length of the blind cap and finish don't match.

DAYACOM INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD

Image filename indicates "Curly_mahogany_epic_long_cap_off" - could be the creator indicated it as an 'epic long' (edit: details below)

A reverse image search doesn't show an exact match from Google or TinEye

Meta data has been stripped from the file so that's no help either.

A direct image search on "Curly mahogany epic long" flags up Ryan Krusac Studios (Hand Made Fountain Pens).

Looking at this work I'd surmise that either he had Dayacom create a custom version for him, or he has modified and re-plated the kits himself.

Edit: Knew I recognised the name from somewhere - watched this when Dan Smith aka The Nibsmith (and was part of Fountain Pen Geeks) originally posted it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMyo2A3BwNE]Ryan Krusac at the 2014 DC Pen Show - YouTube[/url]

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Thank you Greg,

I did see the response from Simone but couldn't remember that plating. However I didn't look that closely at the designs.

Looking a second time I agree with you as it is not a Stock Lotus pen. Interesting designs tho and very close to the Lotus style.

stiofanpadraigcrafts

Graduate Member
First Name
stephen
Thanks Greg for all the info that's a great help. The pic was sent to me as an idea. I like the bronze and brass effect on fittings so i was pointed toward this.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).