• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Kit question....

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Well the kits arrived yesterday and (might be just me but) not impressed by ☹️
The actual pen insert is tiny 😮
Also out of the four one of them is badly damaged ☹️
I will email them today regards a replacement but not a “good quality” kit IMHO 🫤
IMG_2109.jpeg

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
Well the kits arrived yesterday and (might be just me but) not impressed by ☹️
The actual pen insert is tiny 😮
Also out of the four one of them is badly damaged ☹️
I will email them today regards a replacement but not a “good quality” kit IMHO 🫤
View attachment 51910
Colin,
I too placed an order and mine arrived as well. I also ordered 4 one of each plating, mine all arrived intact luckily but I like you am a little concerned about the pen insert - not sure where you can get refills if the pen turns out ok....

Not gonna have a chance to make one for a couple of weeks - so I'll update after I do - be interesting to see what answers you get back...

Padster

daveygee

First Name
Dave
Hi Guys
The refill for these is link below:

You pull the plastic top off and push on to the new one.

Hope this helps.
Dave

Jomal

Apprentice Member
First Name
Jose
Paddy. have a look at Axminster there have a aromatherapy pen kit for £19-98
Hi , I have looked for this pen kit, but funny enough either Axminster or E-Bay they all have the bushing for this kit but none have the kit.

Jomal

Apprentice Member
First Name
Jose
One question- how do you engrave a name or any other thing in a epoxy resin pen ? I have a small lazer machine that does a good job on wood
but when it comes to acrylic it does not work. I bought a small cnc but the dificulty to set it up was so much that I returned it. Is there a way of engraving on a acrylic pen?

Pauls

First Name
Paul
OK - so I found a site BUT it seems to me they must be ordering from China as they hold no stock and take 7-12 days for delivery, has anyone ever used this site ? (www.pen-kits.co.uk)

Padster
I have used this site many times, she is very reliable and the kits are just as good as Axminster or Turner’s. Usually email her direct. Rachel Banks pen-kits.co.uk@mail.com