• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Knight Ballpoint

peterpiper

Apprentice Member
First Name
peter
Turned & polished a couple of blanks for the "Knight" pens I bought some time ago, when assembling the first one I couldn't get the nib to advance enough to write, thinking I'd done something wrong I disassembled it and the clip & finial end finished up somewhere among the junk at the end of the garage, so that's a write off (pun intended). I haven't got any instructions for this pen, but it seemed straight forward enough, I suppose that I could shorten the barrel a little, on the second one, but would like to know if I have indeed gone wrong somewhere.

Has anyone got a copy of these instructions ?
I think it's the one made by Berea not the "Knight Armour" pen, though it looks very similar.
T.I.A.
pete

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
If you click onto the Berea Hardwoods site Pete, I think you can access instructions for most, if not all of their kits there.

There are two common causes for the nib not protruding properly. There are probably others too, but the main ones are that you've left the tube too long - that's unlikely frankly, so the other and more probable cause is that you have somehow crushed the wee hole that he refill comes out through in the nib component, during the assembly process. You can test this by trying to insert the refill from the outside, back in through the hole. If it won't go in properly, that's your problem, and it can be sorted with the appropriate drill size or a wee tickle with a file.

peterpiper

Apprentice Member
First Name
peter
Thanks for the replies folks!,
Phil, have tested the "Wee Hole", but unfortunately not the answer, must have somehow pushed the mechanism too far up the spout. Berea don't show this pen on their website, so probably out of production, that's the reason I asked on the forum, I was hoping some member had archived the instructions.
Have sent E-Mail to Timberbits (That's who I bought the kits from) but no answer yet.
Have also looked on every site I can find but no luck, will have to "Wing it or sling it", or save it for posterity!!
pete
Mark, unfortunately not the one I'm after, but thanks for your reply.

peterpiper

Apprentice Member
First Name
peter
Eamonn, that looks very much like the one I'm after, but the parts are slightly different, however, your post spurred me into action, I started looking at pictures of all the pen parts on the Beartooth woods site and came up with the Berea "Atlas", the parts look identical to the "Knight", so, tomorrow (if it's not snowing) I'll be going out to the garage to check, it must have been about minus 950 degrees today!!!
Thanks to you and the other members for the response
pete

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).