• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
I'm thinking about buying a Laser Engraver has anyone got any recommendations.

Robin

Melchior

First Name
Emil
I have a k40 analog. It is a cool piece of equipment but a bit low end. If you can afford it buy a more expensive machine with a good bed control. Auto focus. Software controlled power. But do buy one, they are great fun!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
On the IAp they talked endlessly of the 1 Watt unit they buy direct from China for around a hundred dollars with free freight.

If you can wait a day or so I can check with a mate who buys direct from China, has has enormous success with both a small unit and a large one.

Peter.

pittswood

Fellow
First Name
Kelvin
Hi Robin,
I bought one from Germany, £200. Broke down after 3 days, that came from China. The company wanted me to pay about another £100 to put it right, or get an electrician to fit it. Cheeky mare, my reply was to s#d off. Got my money back through the cards insurance.
So my advice, don't bother, until you can get one sourced direct from the UK.
Regards,
Kelvin

Sawes

Registered
First Name
Scott
We run a 40 watt Chinese import that has been upgraded to 50watt prior to me buying from the person who originally got it. Fantastic bit of kit although takes some getting head round the software.
It has its limitations as it will only it around 4mm of ply, mdf and acrylic but have found it has many more applications too with engraving.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Shop - Mr Resin Blanks
Mr Resin Blanks - Home | Facebook

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
We run a 40 watt Chinese import that has been upgraded to 50watt prior to me buying from the person who originally got it. Fantastic bit of kit although takes some getting head round the software.
It has its limitations as it will only it around 4mm of ply, mdf and acrylic but have found it has many more applications too with engraving.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Shop - Mr Resin Blanks
Mr Resin Blanks - Home | Facebook

Not the general experience but I do read the plan is to buy wear outable parts and have them on standby from the purchase time. The small units are not designed for full time commercial units. To acheive writing etc on the round its another ball game.

Sorry Scott slip of the one finger typo meant for Kelvin.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Just read the offerings on the 1 watt unit on the IAP so far 50 pages over the last year so I will not progress asking my mate as his units are advanced from these. They are paying roughly 100.00 dollars Canadian and less in US dollars for the 1 watt unit. It is on the front page IAP right now.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).