• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Lathe choice has pickled my brain.

DaddyG

First Name
Graham
Have seen an Axminster AH 1218vs would this be a good starting point? It appears to have a 3 jaw chuck and looks to be in good condition .

Ends at lunchtime and am the winning bidder up to now so fingers crossed !!!!!

DaddyG

First Name
Graham
Have seen an Axminster AH 1218vs would this be a good starting point? It appears to have a 3 jaw chuck and looks to be in good condition .

Ends at lunchtime and am the winning bidder up to now so fingers crossed !!!!!

DaddyG

First Name
Graham
Think it was £182 seller was listed as cash converters darlington, couldn't up my max bid quick enough as I was walking up the high street!!!

Pastor of Muppets

First Name
Andy
Thanks guys, I think my brain was more frazzled than I realised!!!

I'm looking at the entry level lathes so £250 ish but if there is a more suitable lathe just outside my budget then I would seriously consider it.

Space is rather lacking as she'd is 3m x 2m and already houses mitre saw bench, table saw, drill press and planer thicknesser.

Will now go read the reviews that are mentioned above.

Pics man I need to see your set up!!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).