• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Leather pens

johnny5

Registered
Are you ready to come clean yet Tom? A few people here asking about your process.

I have never suggested any process ???
The composite leather blanks are available ready made from a well known AUS pen turning supplier that i have used for years.
All i did was show the finished product which is very good and i have already sold them all.
The composite blanks were put on mass produced kits that are available via British sellers of mass produced Pen Kits that i have also used for years.
All i did was buy the kits and Blanks and let my 3 year old Grand-daughter assemble them.
If yet again i led the people to believe that i made them , then sorry.
Perhaps i should only show hand made pen blanks in future
Only showing whats available on the market

regards

johnny5

Registered
The composite leather blanks are available ready made from a well known AUS pen turning supplier that i have used for years.
All i did was show the finished product which is very good and i have already sold them all.
The composite blanks were put on mass produced kits that are available via British sellers of mass produced Pen Kits that i have also used for years.
All i did was buy the kits and Blanks and let my 3 year old Grand-daughter assemble them.

regards

Do not believe the above answer.
These blanks were made using a Dragons Skin .
The process involved took many months of planning and included the stalking and eventual killing of said Dragon
The battle was tough but eventually the Dragon was slayed using my special Dragon killing process.
The Defeated Dragon was then carried miles back to my Workshop using many Mules and Asses.
After skinning the Skin was dried in the beautiful summer of 18 using another Druid secret skin drying process.
After Drying a special Pickling process to manipulate the skin around brass tubes was used.
No Gorilla glue was needed,
Once the secret process was completed the blanks were assembled onto mass produced pen kits .
They are a truly original process of Dragon Skin Pen blanks.
All said pens have now been sold.
I have been bombarded with requests for these special Dragon Blanks but unfortunately Dragons are Hibernating at the moment until Spring.
It is against Saxonic Laws to kill a Dragon in Hibernation or with a month with a letter E in it.
Therefore i am unable to get any more done until May.
If interested please contact Forum administrator for orders as i too will be going into Hibernation until next year.
Regards
Jon

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
No mystery Jon,loved the pens,not true leather who cares,let the Dragon breathe freely. It emphasises the diversity of material coverings possible on a pen.Enjoy your cave mate.Continue to innovate as you hibernate.:thumbs::thumbs:

Peter.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob

regards

I love the pens but is that not a bit of over reaction to other members asking how they were made? Could well put members off asking anything especially if new to the forum.
Personally I doubt for one minute that anyone on here thought they were being misled.

johnny5

Registered
I love the pens but is that not a bit of over reaction to other members asking how they were made? Could well put members off asking anything especially if new to the forum.
Personally I doubt for one minute that anyone on here thought they were being misled.

Exactly, any pen photos submitted in the future should include method of process , where they were bought from, are they hand made , how much they cost & who sells them
No over reaction
We are all people who make pens on here.
No secrets

regards
Jon

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Exactly, any pen photos submitted in the future should include method of process , where they were bought from, are they hand made , how much they cost & who sells them
No over reaction
We are all people who make pens on here.
No secrets

regards
Jon

Great attitude Jon, would certainly answer a lot of questions before they are asked.

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
I am not surprised that no Gorilla glue was used, it is a devil of a job finding a pan big enough to boil them down.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).