• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Geoff Kent

Graduate Member
First Name
GEOFF
Good afternoon folks,
Its been a while since I have turned anything,been busy fishing and it's been too bloody hot in the shed!Anyway,a while back I purchased two of the new Leto kits from TM,part of their pro range.As the pics show,as well making the kit as usual,the skill level is raised as two small finials need to be turned and drilled to fit the barrel and cap ends.This is fairly straight forward but time consuming as the finials need to be accurately measured to match the pen and component diameters.
I used Osage Orange for the cap and barrel and American Black Walnut for the finials.Finish is melamine and micro crystalline wax.I am pretty pleased with the pen c&c's welcome.
The fountain pen is good value at £18.99 as it is supplied with a Bock no5 nib and a Schmidt converter.I feel the rollerball is overpriced as it is also £18.99.I reckon about £12.00 is a more realistic price.maybe Dan will see this and take note!

Attachments

• Leto Rollerball.JPG
    Leto Rollerball.JPG
    642.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Leto in Osage orange& Black Walnut.JPG
    Leto in Osage orange& Black Walnut.JPG
    697.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Leto.JPG
    Leto.JPG
    671.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Finial spigot.JPG
    Finial spigot.JPG
    478.4 KB · Views: 40

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi Geoff that's the first one of those I have seen. I like the idea but think there are other ways to achieve something similar.... My thought only!! :thinks::thinks:
BTW that's a very nice job done on both turning and finishing:thumbs::thumbs:

Geoff Kent

Graduate Member
First Name
GEOFF
Hi Mark,thanks for comments.I agree,with a bit of thought and playing around something similar can be achieved with a lot of kits.Good fun to make though,I dropped one of the finials on the floor,took an age to find amongst all the dross!

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
That looks a superb pen Geoff.:thumbs:
You want to see me trying to find a bit I’ve dropped. If it’s not magnetic I’m buggered.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
First complete one I have seen TBH. Saw the pen design in conception and then the first few trial kits.

You have done a great job of it, agree the price of the RB might be a little steep but I guess marketing it as the new design and keeping prices simplified.

I don't believe daan monitors this forum at all now so may not see your comment.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).