• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Light tent up and running

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I'll put some samples in the post to you.
I'll have to go over the unit and clean it up a bit, break into the rolls cos the outside layers will have oxidised and deteriorated by now, it is 2008 stock so i'ts 6 years old all rolled up.
I know the UV rating on the gold is not good so we'll see what that is like, should be OK after a few Metres hopefully.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I found this I know it is a bit narrow but is that the type of thing I should be doing Peter
DSCF2740.JPGDSCF2741.JPG

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I found this I know it is a bit narrow but is that the type of thing I should be doing Peter

Yes that's the idea, with plastic you won't have the creases and wrinkles.

Here is another supplier, but don't go ahead and buy one as there is some stuff that is much cheaper when I can remember what it is.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I have just remembered that I have used white vinyl that sign makers print on to, if you have a sign maker near you, pop in and ask them for a piece at the size you need, if they are not rip off merchants they should let you have more than you need for less than £5 ask to see the thicker stuff.

Terry this will be ideal for your set up as you can take the top off yours and you could have the roll going quite high at the back,so you could have really large bowls on it.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
The white vinyl I put in mine is the sign I had made up last Christmas for our stall
Found this on ebay any good PLAIN WHITE VINYL PVC OILCLOTH WIPE CLEAN TABLECLOTH CO click for sizes | eBay

I thought the one you had used was paper because of the wrinkles/creases. The type of vinyl or plastic I am talking about is quite stiff and can't be folded unless you put a crease in it, but it can bend in one direction. If you can get a free sample then all the better and you can see if it will be okay.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).