• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Lilac Blossom Fountain Pen

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Happy Saturday Pen People!

Been a bit sporadic with the pen making recently. Spent a bit of time in my study designing envelopes/certificates/business cards etc. that I send out with each pen. Yep there are even stickers too, but I admit they are not quite as sought after as some of the vendors many of us frequent :whistling: .

Anyway here's my latest offering which is made from a cellulose acetate with acrylic finials/section. I made a pen from this a while ago and it was very popular. I then tried to get more of the material but wasn't able to. However I gave my workshop a bit of a deep clean last week and found a piece I didn't know I had. So tidying up now and then does have its benefits it seems.

The rings are all sterling silver and the logo coin is argentium sliver which stats whiter a little longer than sterling. It's got a chrome plated steel clip and has a Jowo no 6 steel nib.

On another note I bought a new tool/gadget which should arrive next week, which partly explains why I was sorting out the workshop. I have no idea what I am going to do with it but hopefully I will get inspired once I start using it. I'll share more once I have it!

Cheers
Ash

IMG_6758.JPGIMG_6763.JPGIMG_6766.JPGIMG_6769.JPGIMG_6747.JPGIMG_6752.JPG

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Beautiful colours in that as always well turned and finished, you certainly have this dialed in well... :drool: :drool:

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Its a particularly nice bit of acrylic tho Alan, be fair šŸ˜‰šŸ¤£

Nice work Ash. Good to see the rugby result hasnā€™t depressed you !
Thanks Ian

And all things considered it wasnā€™t too bad for Wales. Weā€™ll just have to win it in 4 years time šŸ˜Š.

Pensman

First Name
Gman
Wow! Iā€™m normally a ā€œwood personā€ but do turn the ā€œplasticsā€ as well. For no particular reason. HOWEVER, your pen looks fantastic. Iā€™m lost for words really. I can only say what a great job youā€™ve done and Iā€™m jealous!