• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Long time away

Terry Q

Fellow
First Name
Terry
After a long and difficult recovery from ankle fusion surgery I have returned to activity duty in my shop. Still limited to how much time I can stand on my feet but making progress. This is a new effort in my journey turning wig stands for cancer patients. It is a poplar segmented version. Segmented means there is no end grain to turn making the process much more enjoyable. Finish is wipe on poly.

Attachments

• wig stand.jpg
    wig stand.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 19

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Hey Terry

First it’s really great to see you back.

And what a fantastic item to come back with. It’s beautiful and a real testament to your skill. What truly elevates it is the purpose behind it. As with all truly great art, (in my opinion), it embodies both artistry and compassion. Kudos!

alan morrison

Fellow
First Name
Alan
Terry, great to see you back!!!!
Hope that your recovery goes well.
That's a very public minded enterprise that you are involved in, and should be well received.
Are you still able to ride your bike???

Alan

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
After a long and difficult recovery from ankle fusion surgery I have returned to activity duty in my shop. Still limited to how much time I can stand on my feet but making progress. This is a new effort in my journey turning wig stands for cancer patients. It is a poplar segmented version. Segmented means there is no end grain to turn making the process much more enjoyable. Finish is wipe on poly.
Hi Terry great to see you, I’ve a tall stool I sit on sometimes in my shed to give my weary legs a rest😆.
My local Woodturning club turned a load of the wig stands for a local hospice which was such a great idea👍
Welcome back and steady as steady goes!

Terry Q

Fellow
First Name
Terry
Terry, great to see you back!!!!
Hope that your recovery goes well.
That's a very public minded enterprise that you are involved in, and should be well received.
Are you still able to ride your bike???

Alan
Alan sadly I have given up riding as I was having balance issues. I would have loved to turn my Goldwing into a trike but the cost was more than I was inclined to invest.

Terry Q

Fellow
First Name
Terry
Hi Terry great to see you, I’ve a tall stool I sit on sometimes in my shed to give my weary legs a rest😆.
My local Woodturning club turned a load of the wig stands for a local hospice which was such a great idea👍
Welcome back and steady as steady goes!
My turning club has made and donated just shy of 1400 so far. We have one member who has turned 467 to date.

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Welcome back Terry. So glad to hear you’re on the mend. That stand looks beautifully turned and for such a worthy cause. Great to have you back.👍👍👍

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Terry it’s great to see you contributing again and welcome back.

I found ( with broken ankle ) a bar stool most helpful ( Not that I was allowed to stand or turn 😇as I assured my friend , a Gp and bone consultant )

Lovely idea segmenting them as they look fantastic.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome back Terry, you have certainly come back with a bang. 💥

Nothing better than getting back in the saddle for an excellent reason like this, wha a superb job you have done of it as well.

Progress and healing is much slower I have found the older you get, so patience is the name of the day. It will come with positivity and persistence, always wins.

Hope to see some more of you work soon.