• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Lucitylic blanks

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
I have a Lucitylic blank from Exotic Blanks in baby blue, and a version in pink from Rockler. They have white ribbons in very translucent resin. Initially, I was going to paint the tubes and blank with white. But I'm afraid that would make the ribbons hard to see. But would painting them baby blue and pink also make the ribbons hard to see? I can't decide. Has anyone ever turned blanks like these? What color did you paint them with?

Attachments

• both02.jpg
    both02.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 94
  • both03.jpg
    both03.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 95
  • blue01.jpg
    blue01.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 95
  • pink01.jpg
    pink01.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 95
  • blue03.jpg
    blue03.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 98
  • blue02.jpg
    blue02.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 95
  • pink02.jpg
    pink02.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 98
  • pink03.jpg
    pink03.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 96

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Paint pink with the pink and blue with the blue then when you have finished they should reflect well although that pink is very translucent methinks Jim.

Peter.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Jim I think you have a bit of a challenge there. Maybe Pink on pink and blue on blue is the way to go.:thinks:

Les ELm

Executive Member
First Name
Les
I paint all my tubes white for this style of blank.

Les

Attachments

• Chrome Euro 8mm Premium and Blue Mica Swirl.jpg
    Chrome Euro 8mm Premium and Blue Mica Swirl.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Copyright DSC09942.jpg
    Copyright DSC09942.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 84

George Watkins

Registered
First Name
George
i have turned these blanks before and always used white, make sure the paint on the inside of the drilled hole is perfect as i found they were very translucent.

mattkemp

First Name
matt
Or how about a silver to contrast the colours in the blank I haven't yet tried it myself but just a thought

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).