• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Magenta Tessera Fountain Pen

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Hi pen people

Bit of a tricky one today as the lamination, (I didn’t make it, it’s shop bought), kept coming apart. It wasn’t splitting or cracking, just some of the glue kept failing in between the layers and it was breaking off. Luckily I was able to work with it and fix the issue. Also it forced me to do something I’d been wanting to do for a while and that was to change the length of the caps I make. This one is shorter by around 4mm which doesn’t sound a lot but I think it looks better.

Working on fixing the blank got me thinking about the art of gluing. I consider it to be a real, important skill that takes time and practice to learn.

I mean is there anything more satisfying than gluing something together and achieving a completely invisible join, (without having got any adhesive on your fingers, tools, the dog or any other part of the workpiece that you didn’t mean to 😊).

Anyway here is the pen. It sold very fast and I could have sold many more. It has my usual adornments so I won’t repeat other than to say it is half-lined both cap and barrel as I don’t trust this stuff to thread properly. (It probably would but I don’t know how long it would last). Oh and bet you can’t see the join…

Cheers
Ash

IMG_8990.jpegIMG_8992.jpegIMG_8996.jpegIMG_8999.jpegIMG_9002.jpegIMG_8980.jpegIMG_8982.jpeg

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
That pink is stunning, wow what a colour!
As always mate a beautiful blank means a beautiful pen....well done! :love_it: :love_it:

PensFromNo11

First Name
Darren
So I checked magnified enough to see some of the dust you neglected to wipe off
and concluded either...
a. this material is perfect for repairing
b. you are a glue master
3. this is just a ruse so you appear to be a glue master

cracking pen!