• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

magestic squire in Jet

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Pete, I think its gorgeous! When your customer is finished with it you have my address to send it to ...

I like the closd d end, although to some extent I agree with Neil that with the big heavy cap finial the pen looks somewhat unbalanced. Uncapped its the dogs danglies! Perhaps if it had been closed end at both ends ie replace the kit finial with a matching trustone finial it might have been more balanced. Just a thought.

You can get a 'blingless Harvest' from TB, so you can make up custom bits to fill the gaps. The idea never appealed to me - if I'm going to go custom I'd rather go fully custom ...

Pete B

Registered
Thanks for the comments,

Neil you re right the round end doesn't suit, it should be replicating the cap. The last one i did like this had a squared lower barrel end with a little dimple, ad it looked better.
What was i thinking.
Surprisingly the customer loves it.

David, i'm going to try those form TB. I'm also when i get around to it going to try closed both ends but with either a taper both ends or the same shape both ends, i did see one somewhere i liked somewhere. There are some very expensive Japanese ones that the name escapes me in this style but exceptional in every way and pretty much works of art. Mine won't be, but the shape might be ok. On its way sir !!

Jim, i agree with you as well, it would be sleeker not tapering towards the nib but the brief was big for big hands, but it is too think compared to the cap diameter. I do sometimes do this a bit anyway but not as pronounced. But it is too much.

Pete

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).