• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Micro Mesh Bought from Ebay. Bad Move!!

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
George try it with talcum powder it works better
Yes Woody I have seen Brian use it, he uses an industrial talc not the baby stuff.
Also carborundum powder, rouge and diamond white depending on what he is polishing.
Large polishing wheels and rouge or diamond white for really shiny metal.
Talc for plastic is used widely throughout industry, he uses Vaseline / petroleum jelly as a catalyst or soapy water on plastics.
I haven't a clue what the Carborundum is for except honing blades, I will have to ask him.
I certainly can't knock his finishing techniques a little out of the ordinary but wow what a shine, and I am still trying not to stick my fingers to the chuck with ca.
I picked up his methods when I first started a man after my heart, why spend a load of money on a bit of dust and a drop of turps called T-Cut or the like.
I wouldn't want to do my car with toothpaste so horses for courses I suppose.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi George another thing we used to use the Carborundum for was mixed with oil, grease or what ever you had to hand to lap tools like a plane on a flat metal or glass plate it comes in all different grits

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).