• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Microsoft and chrome problems>

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Microsoft is invading big time since the last big update on 10. Took me while to go through even shutting the machine down the new way with a right click instead.

Google has spread itself like a disease with Google Photos announcing it takes over from Picassa3

Can I remove and prevent Google Photos and use another method of storing and sizing pics for the forum? Help.

Peter.

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Peter on the new update on windows 10 if you place your mouse on the little white flag at the far bottom left of the screen and left click it it comes up with a menu which includes all your programs again on the far bottom left when this menu is open the first symbol you come too is a power button like most power buttons on modern devices just click on this and choose the option to shutdown or restart. Now the above sounds complicated but in reality to power off is 2 clicks away the same as from windows 98 vB onwards.

As for photo editing software as long as you are not shooting in Raw there are lots of choices for free think Gimp is one of them and I did see a post but can not remember where either on this site or ukworkshop about a free program I will have a look and see if I can find it.

I must admit it is annoying when stuff gets changed though my pet complaint is Bl...... supermarkets keep moving stuff about :rant: especially if you don't get around so well or are disabled and find yourself walking 3 times further than needed just so the greedy B's hope you spot something on your travels you don't need.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Peter on the new update on windows 10 if you place your mouse on the little white flag at the far bottom left of the screen and left click it it comes up with a menu which includes all your programs again on the far bottom left when this menu is open the first symbol you come too is a power button like most power buttons on modern devices just click on this and choose the option to shutdown or restart. Now the above sounds complicated but in reality to power off is 2 clicks away the same as from windows 98 vB onwards.

As for photo editing software as long as you are not shooting in Raw there are lots of choices for free think Gimp is one of them and I did see a post but can not remember where either on this site or ukworkshop about a free program I will have a look and see if I can find it.

I must admit it is annoying when stuff gets changed though my pet complaint is Bl...... supermarkets keep moving stuff about :rant: especially if you don't get around so well or are disabled and find yourself walking 3 times further than needed just so the greedy B's hope you spot something on your travels you don't need.

I agree Bob Aldi is always doing the switch around on us.

Penturners UK just quit a while ago the internet was working fine elsewhere, spent an hour with my provider all OK at the moment. That right click on the bottom flag got me on 10 now I know there are two pages, one from a left click and the other right click.

THanks Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
All my pics right now are on Picassa and Chrome pics. Don I had a good gaze At pixlr everything is too small for me thanks for the reference.

Peter.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).