• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Mini Lathe.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Exceptional Lathe Paul ,the tool rest base is amazing the versatility of using angle cutting and the vertical vice etc. When I bought my first mini lathe I found the tiny control made for tiny people a trial so I did away with the knob and wheel, fitting a larger knurled wheel for greater control on the feed. I do not have a large hand but it made hand feeding a pleasure.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
This is a long term project, to get the bed etc reground, Mal on the Aust site can get this done in groups of four but the freight to Sydney and back is prohibitive.:sob::sob:

All of this was unnoticed at your purchase time Mark, dissapointing result mate.

Peter.

Paul hd

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Exceptional Lathe Paul ,the tool rest base is amazing the versatility of using angle cutting and the vertical vice etc. When I bought my first mini lathe I found the tiny control made for tiny people a trial so I did away with the knob and wheel, fitting a larger knurled wheel for greater control on the feed. I do not have a large hand but it made hand feeding a pleasure.

Peter.
Hi Peter,
I may look into that in the future. It didn't feel uncomfortable but it would be nice if I had the option.

Great little machine Paul, I am jealous Paul, with all the extras you got it is a bargain.
Thanks for the Video.:thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks Mark.

It is a great little machine and I'm very lucky to have all the extras.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).