• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Mirfield 1 (York 3)

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
You are amazing Dan and how you can have all that energy then it dawned on me YOUTH everyone should support who can your new endeavour and with Neils support its a Monty to succeed.

Peter.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
You are amazing Dan and how you can have all that energy then it dawned on me YOUTH everyone should support who can your new endeavour and with Neils support its a Monty to succeed.

Peter.

Youth yes, my good looks, No!:funny:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Bob it is with deep concern I learnt of Mrs Bobs need of not one but two hips please pass on my consideration and all the best for her needs at this time serious stuff mate.

Kind regards Peter.

I appreciate your concern Peter.

Unfortunately progress has been very slow while her situation has rapidly deteriorated and she's not even on the list for the first replacement op until after her next consultant appointment on 25th January and even then it could be delayed further still. They normally wait 6 months between ops so the whole of 2016 is bu**ered I think.

The NHS can be excellent in the UK but they seem to have an almost mandatory 6 to 8 weeks between actions of any kind. Sad for someone who spent most of her adult life working there and helping others.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I will be there if I can Dan.

Sorry to hear about Mrs Bob I hope she gets her replacements soon and is up and about without taking the entire year.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Sorry to hear about Mrs Bob I hope she gets her replacements soon and is up and about without taking the entire year.

Thanks Paul

We knew it was going to happen as she struggled a lot around Oz a year ago but how quickly shes' deteriorated has been a shock.
She's incredibly positive though, I'd be impossible to live with!

Bob Ellis

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Not having been involved in the York sessions, I'm not sure what is envisaged, but I'm interested. However, the first and last weeks in August would be out for me due to bookings at folk festivals.

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
OK Spanner Time..Doodododo (If not sure think hammer time).

I missed York 1, but loved York 2. I would like a Mirfield 1 and a York 3, however I can understand Neils sentiments. If we had a Mirfield 1 in March/April, those who go on holidays in summer could possibly attend, then if things change we could have a second similar event in August/September at a different location.

I'm not being greedy, I just want my Lemon cake and to eat it all.:up:

Bob Ellis

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
I missed York 1, but loved York 2. I would like a Mirfield 1 and a York 3, however I can understand Neils sentiments. If we had a Mirfield 1 in March/April, those who go on holidays in summer could possibly attend, then if things change we could have a second similar event in August/September at a different location.

I'm not being greedy, I just want my Lemon cake and to eat it all.:up:

I doubt whether having two close together would work and, in any case, Neil wants, understandably, to hand on the baton. However, I would second the idea of having Mirfield 1 in March/April rather than in mid-summer, when many people have planned holidays or have other commitments.

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
Hi Dan. I would be interested if the date fits. Didn't manage to make York due to other commitments but will certainly try.

First Name
Dan
I doubt whether having two close together would work and, in any case, Neil wants, understandably, to hand on the baton. However, I would second the idea of having Mirfield 1 in March/April rather than in mid-summer, when many people have planned holidays or have other commitments.
I can definitely understand the thinking behind a March/April. Would most likely need to fall into the Easter Half Term slot if it were to happen then.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
If it is Easter weekend I definitely WON'T be able to make it. Already committed to an event on Nottinghamshire

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
I think that not a bad time to do it

Spring is hopefully banishing the winter blues. Less impact on holidays. And hopefully all are awash with ideas on what to make with shed time.

Bob, I know two a year is push but we do not have too many Yorkshire suppliers and shows, and I appreciate Neil and Co's efforts, and because I enjoyed it I wanted it again. I did say I was being greedy, it was the lemon cake you know.:drool:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).