• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Mirror Dinghy.

Paul hd

Fellow
First Name
Paul
At 16 I was a member of a club, I used to get 30/- per week as a Saturday boy in Safeways Supermarket North Harrow!! There was no way I would have remembered the numbers of the 10 or so mirrors etc that they had at the Lido. :winking:

I completely understand Pierre. I only asked if you remembered the number because I thought you may of owned the Dinghy. It is now very clear that you didn't.:thumbs:

The other reason I ask about the numbers. A guy in Germany has set up a roll call for Mirror dinghy's and it is always interesting to see if someones old dinghy turns up on the list.

Paul hd

Fellow
First Name
Paul
There is a lot of dingy’s out there in the 14-16foot bracket. Would look at GP14 or if your ok with GRP maybe a wanderer.

I have ended up with a Wayfarer.
The Mirror has been great but I am too big for it. I think I will enjoy the bigger size of the wayfarer.

She is a MKll built in 1984 and is in fair condition.

IMG_0626.jpg

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Seems like heaps of leg room right there in the Wayfarer,trust you enjoy it to the full this season mate.Does your missus sail?

Peter.

Paul hd

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Seems like heaps of leg room right there in the Wayfarer,trust you enjoy it to the full this season mate.Does your missus sail?

Peter.
Hello Peter,

It will certainly be more comfortable for me.

The missus will give it a go, but when she realises that there are no toilets and running water that will be it.:thumbs:

I am going to get an outboard and take trips on the Thames to Hampton court and Cliveden house. These are places my missus loves to visit and will be a nice change to see them from the river.

All the best,
Paul.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).